- visiting classrooms and deliver hands-on science workshops
- acting as mentors for student projects
- judging science and robotics fairs
- providing information about careers in science
- facilitating activities at school science days
The largest component of our program involves partnerships with local schools (kindergarten - grade 12) and community groups. Throughout the year, volunteers engage youth through the delivery of curriculum-based, hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering, & mathematics) workshops. During their visits, our students are also available to discuss post-secondary educational paths and potential career options based on their personal experiences. Volunteers may also engage in group or individual mentorship activities, act as science fair judges, and assist with recruitment of participants for our on-campus large events!